Naples Hurricanes 5th Annual Canes vs Cancer.
This Saturday 10/10/15 @ Barron Collier High School
What is Canes vs. Cancer?
Throughout October, the NFL features players, coaches, and referees wearing pink game apparel; stadiums sport on-field pink ribbon stencils; pink coins are used in the coin toss, etc. This is all to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
How CvC Started: Five years ago, one of our Hurricanes families were watching the NFL in October promote breast cancer awareness month. It occurred to us that we all need to be aware of and offer support for ALL cancers. It was personal because everyone has been touched by cancer so, we came up with the idea "Canes vs. Cancer", and the Canes have been doing it every year since!
- EDUCATE OUR PLAYERS & CHEERLEADERS ABOUT GIVING BACK TO THEIR COMMUNITY
- PROVIDE & PROMOTE CANCER AWARENESS & AVOIDANCE THROUGH SCREENINGS
- ENCOURAGE BLOOD DONATION TO THE LOCAL BLOOD BANK
- RECOGNIZE MEMBERS IN THE COMMUNITY WHO HAVE SURVIVED CANCER
- SUPPORT THOSE CURRENTLY IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CANCER
- REMEMBER THOSE WHO LOST THE FIGHT
Please join our players, cheerleaders, and their families in October for a fun day supporting a great cause!